Here at The Bike Shop Greenford we can make modifications to the factory set up to get the maxium comfort from your new cycle ,when purchasing through us we can recommend & advise which changes will best help to improve your riding comfort and to help alleviate lower back pain or shoulder stiffness or just good old saddle soreness!
Below are some of the most common cycling related problems
- A seat height that is too high will cause your hips to rock back and forth when pedaling,potenitally leading to back pain.
- A saddle that is too forward OR too far back can result in an unnaturally long or short effective top tube length, also potentially leading to lower back pain.
- Bar Stem length is also all important , too long or too short has an impact on several key muscles and joints
- Handlebars that are too high or too low in relation to seat height can put strain on your lower back.
- A bike that is too big or small for you can cause these problems
- Handlebar width too wide or to narrow can cause upper arm & shoulder pain .
- Handlebar Grip diameter and ergonomic shape is all important when suffering from finger & wrist pain .
The Chart below gives an Indication of frame sizes required when compared to the riders height .